Burj Al Arab Jumeirah Hotel Dubai: Beware Of Motorcar Conmen Using Dud Cheques Inward Dubai


Dubai: Indian expat K.M. Basheer, who plant equally a pickup van driver alongside a logistics company, had bought his dream SUV alongside the savings he earned over the past times xx years.
Today, however, his dreams are shattered equally he was duped past times bogus automobile buyers, who fled alongside his vehicle after giving him dud cheques.
Basheer has warned potential vehicle sellers against this novel modus operandi of vehicle thieves.
Narrating his sense to Gulf News, Basheer said he bought a used Land Cruiser Prado inwards mid2014 for Dh130,000.
“I did non accept whatsoever loan. It was my hard-earned money. I bought it for my menage unit of measurement equally my kids loved this vehicle,” said Basheer, who draws a salary of Dh4,000.
However, Basheer institute it expensive to keep it as well as decided to dispose it as well as purpose that coin for constructing his solid dorsum inwards Kerala.
“I placed an cite for selling the vehicle on Dubizzle after I decided to post my menage unit of measurement dorsum home. I idea of using that coin for edifice our home.”
He said i potential buyer, an Emirati, requested to run into him to reckon the vehicle as well as negotiate the rate. “I had asked for Dh110,000 as well as he settled for Dh108,000. Another man, Khalid, who introduced himself equally the kickoff guy’s brother, had also joined us past times then.”
He said the twosome took him to Tasjeel component inwards Al Ghusais as well as handed him Dh15,000 inwards cash. “Then they said I tin give the axe register the automobile inwards Khalid’s hollo as well as the other guy volition select the relaxation amount past times the fourth dimension nosotros complete the registration process.”
The latter’s so-called brother, however, did non supply proverb he had to rush to the infirmary equally his married adult woman had fallen ill.
“Then Khalid gave me a banking company fit for the relaxation amount as well as took the vehicle.”
Though Basheer went to the nearby police clit station raising his apprehension nearly a potential cheating past times the buyer, he said, he was told to endeavour to cash the banking company fit first.
However, the banking company fit bounced the adjacent day, proving Basheer’s fears true. “Khalid soundless gave me promise proverb he volition seat about other banking company fit against my line of piece of job organisation human relationship as well as he did that too. But, my banking company called me proverb that was also a dud cheque.”
Khalid’s telephone was switched off after that as well as Basheer afterward institute out that his SUV had already been exported to a neighbouring country.
He has registered a illustration alongside Al Ghusais Police station, the caput of which has also cautioned residents against the novel tactic of automobile thieves.
Dubai Police has reportedly received vii such cases inwards recent months including that of an Arab man, who conned a adult woman into handing her Mercedes car.

Sumber https://uaeinformation.blogspot.com/